The kitchen in a house is the central area that is always buzzing with activity. In ancient times, the kitchen was the place where an open fire was kept alive from dawn to dusk, not only to prepare meals for the family, but also to keep warm in times of wet and cold weather.
We live in ultra modern times today where homes and houses are fashionably designed to make a statement of the taste and likes of the owner or occupant. Most people approach alteration and renovation work as a DIY project to give room for their creative ideas and imagination. Kitchen renovation or remodeling is a very popular DIY concept that sounds appealing to many people, even hobbyists with no previous remodeling or renovation experience. While it’s a pretty creative and cost-effective way to redesign that area of a home that holds memories for a lifetime, it’s important to remember a few very basic but vital factors that are consistent with kitchen renovation.
1. Don’t ‘go it alone’ – Even if you’re an avid DIY believer, consulting a design or renovation expert before you start the project will help fine-tune your renovation plan and bring in new ideas and suggestions you may have missed. tall. Some design stores offer free consultations.
2. Remember the budget: allocate finances taking into account the additional or new features required; things like cabinets can account for a third of the total cost.
3. Skimp on storage solutions: Storage cabinets, drawer dividers and pantry pull-outs are very sensible and efficient kitchen storage solutions and should be thought of from the start.
4. Don’t View It As An Upgrade – Kitchen renovation is a significant expense and should last for several years, so give careful thought to factors like lifestyle, socializing, etc. that will be reflected in the design general.
5. Never forget the ‘big picture’: Every element is important in a renovation: flooring, wall color, hardware, appliances, etc., because they all need to come together.
6. Prioritize workflow: The ‘work triangle’ in a kitchen revolves around the fridge, sink and stove. Therefore, its location must be planned to maximize efficiency.
7. Provide enough counter space – This is an absolutely vital element in good kitchen design; extensions can be provided with folding tops, shelf brackets, etc.
8. Remember to choose the appliances first – Choosing the appliances and gadgets before renovating the kitchen is crucial as it has to relate to redesigning the space.
9. Protect Other Spaces – Any home renovation redesign should be built around protecting walls, surfaces, and other areas from paint drips, remodeling material, and debris.
10. Have fun: A kitchen is also an area that can be made to look pretty; In addition to fancy furniture, cabinetry, tile, etc., using a color scheme or art deco piece to give it a different look adds to the whole. appearance.